1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Melissa Joan Hart: MILF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, May 27, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/MILF

MILF has always been about your friend's mom. The girl who works at Starbucks, is 19 and has a kid is NOT a MILF.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

She is if I say she is. Or if anyone else says she is.

Is there a Cougar MILF category?

3. imjustagirl

Yes.

It's called a MILF. :D :D :D

4. jps

jps Active Member

I think connotation and denotation are the trouble here. on denotation, she is. connotation, ijag's right. and, if you have to choose one, I vote with ijag.

5. imjustagirl

For instance: jps' wife has another several years before she's a MILF. At least until little JPS gets to like 7th grade. :D

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

sheesh, folks, 33 is too young to be a milf. let's go over where milf-dom reared it's head: stifler's mom was the original milf, correct? the buds of her 18-year-old son called her a milf.

ergo, said milf must have at least one teenager. so ideally, for most folks this side of white trash, a milf refers to a woman over 40, in my mind.

ho[efully that clears it up for the many fools on this board. i mean, i love most of you, but c'mon. motherhood alone does not qualify you for milf status.

agreed?

ijag and i haven't agreed on much for a while, but i do believe we're on the same page here.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rewatching "Superbad" recently and early on Jonah Hill's mom comes out to talk to him and his buddy (Jon Cera?) and Cera's oggling her as she bends over. That's the essence of MILF.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

When I was a young laddie in the 70's, there were many MILFs who were under 40, closer to 35.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Most people associate the first MILF reference with American Pie, but my friends and I were using that way before then. I remember watching that movie and knowing exactly what the guy was talking about.

Did anyone else use that term before American Pie came out?

IJAG...technically, you're right, based on the first few uses of the term (AP and Stacy's mom), but when you spell it out, it can be defined regardless of age.

Really, it's a win-win. :)

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Shit, that's almost a grandmother in some parts.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

okay, as a teenager in the '70's, my first girlfriend had a mom who qualified for milf status among my buds. i'd say she was 37. so i can grant milf status to moms 35 and older -- but they must have a teenaged child.

motherdom alone does not qualify someone to be a milf. you must be lusted after by her son's/daughter's teenaged friends.

yup, the mom in "superbad" is a great example.

12. imjustagirl

That's the essence right there.

Well done, shockster.

Draft saved Draft deleted