1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mel Tells the Jews He's Sorry (after ABC mini-series cancelled)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Aug 1, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

'Unremorseful and insufficient' is a polite way of saying 'completely driven by PR and fear for ones career and Hollywood reputation, and therefore utterly meaningless.'

In other words, there's no sufficient way to apologize for arbitrarily hating Jews, regardless of whether the hater is drunk or sober.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And, there's that.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You'd think a person making a living in Hollywood would be more tolerant of gays and Jews.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

But Gibson said nothing about antim-Semitic remarks on Saturday

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Gibson's next role:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Enjoyed the movie? Did you watch any significant portion of it?

I watched about 15 minutes, around when they crucified him, and turned it off. Whether you "enjoy" the story or not, the movie itself was so graphic that it was not "enjoyable to watch" in any way. It was pretty nasty. And I've got a strong stomach.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I didn't enjoy a second of it. And maybe "enjoy" wasn't the proper word for how others felt about it. Maybe watched and digested? Watched and moved on? Watched and took note?

Whatever, most people didn't run out and start beating on Jewish people. That was my point.

And 21, I would think that if that's what Foxman meant, maybe he should've gone with "insincere."

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what he said. Unremorseful and insufficient.

Based on your comments here, particularly the STFU to Foxman, I can understand why you don't see the meaning of his statememt.

9. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

there is no excuse for saying what he did, drunk or sober. i am sure ithings of that nature are said by many people in this country everyday, but he is a public figure and needs to act more responsibly. and why would he say those things just like that if it's not something he truly thinks when sober?

his apology is to save face and not kill his career. but if i was a jew in hollywood, i would have nothing to do with him from now on.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

You post stuff that's 4 days old, why are you bitching?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. If D_B is bitching about the dude dragging his heels, that's about as bad as it gets.

Mel should be sentenced to watch Yentl for 48 hours straight.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Cruel and unusual, Ace.

Draft saved Draft deleted