1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Megyn Kelly Today" is not off to such a wonderful start

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 28, 2017.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Enough of this nice shit. Mean Megyn is back!

Megyn Kelly rips Jane Fonda for plastic surgery outrage | Daily Mail Online

'When she first complained publicly after the program, and repeatedly, I chose to say nothing, as my general philosophy is what other people think of me is none of my business,' said Megyn at the end of her program on Monday.

'However, Fonda was at it again last week, including right here on NBC, and then again elsewhere. So it's time to address the poor-me routine.'

She then went on to criticize Fonda for her actions during the Vietnam War four decades ago, stating that the actress had yet to apologize.

------------

The precipitating incident came from an appearance by Fonda and Lily Tomlin with Hoda -- which the show itself tweeted out.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

d_b:

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What's with Fonda's lower lip? Looks like she's dippin' Skoal.

NTTAWWT

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

You can take the girl out of FNC ...

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Recent procedure to remove a cancerous growth. I’d guess Mohs surgery.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I’m confused about who she is supposed to appeal to with an NBC audience. At Fox it was obvious that she was eye candy for the conservative men who liked her attitude, but she has no crossover appeal to average women because she’s hot and vapid.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I interviewed Jane about 15 years ago and she looked pretty darn good to me.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Off Tuesday -- paparazzi caught her shopping -- and back today.

https://decider.com/2018/01/24/megyn-kelly-avoids-jane-fonda-during-today-return/

https://decider.com/2018/01/23/megyn-kelly-pre-tapes-episode-day-after-fonda-attack/

However, instead of airing a new episode in front of a live studio audience, NBC aired a pre-taped episode of Megyn Kelly Today about the sex trafficking epidemic. According to the Daily Mail, NBC execs had decided to pre-tape the sex trafficking expose last week, but the timing seems fishy considering how much attention Kelly received just yesterday for her out-of-the-blue attack on actress “Hanoi Jane” Fonda.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And it isn't like Fonda hasn't expressed regret about the Hanoi stuff. Technically, apologizing to soldiers? maybe not exactly. But....

I hope Kelly isn't going to South Korea.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When was the last time Megyn literally had a dick in her mouth?

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Last night before I kicked her out of bed.

Add: :)

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

A mediocre TV talent who was able to catch fire because of outside circumstances.

When she goes home, I bet, in her core, she knows she isn't very good. Or worse, very likable. $19 million reasons can put some gloss on it.

In this MeToo wave, Megyn Kelly now makes most of her shows about sexual harassment. Yet it is those same predatory males who got her where she is. O'Reilly made her a featured guest. Ailes signed off on her getting a show. Trump went after her in a debate.

At the end of the rainbow was a pot of gold. All of the money.

Now she's publicly outraged about the way she felt victimized on the way up the ladder to $19 million.

She's a TV fraud but NBC is not smart for forking over that cash.

Only a few people in 2018 have the ability to make people stop what they're doing and watch. She definitely isn't one.

Draft saved Draft deleted