1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Megyn Kelly Today" is not off to such a wonderful start

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 28, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't understand how Kelly or anyone at NBC figured she could become a Barbara Walters or Diane Sawyer given her extremely limited reporting experience in the field.
    And now we're supposed to buy her as Mike Wallace at night and Joan Lunden in the morning?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I must have missed the "blaccent." That clip was no better or worse than any other daytime fluff, certainly not deserving of the scorn I've been reading. That's literally the first thing I've ever watched of her on NBC (other than that awful SNF promo in which she karate kicked toward the camera for some reason), but I hope the rest of her "gaffes" are worse than that, otherwise I don't see what the hubbub is about.

She's a morning show personality. If she fails, WGAF?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Poor Giambi. He hated NYC so much he stayed there for seven years and collected $100 mil.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Ed Whitson.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Worse, he stuck it out for $120 million.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

NBC is notorious for this. Kelly, Josh Elliott, Sam Champion. They'll bring in people who are threats at other networks to their programs. Pay them to get them to NBC. Then sit them where, three years later, they aren't a threat anymore.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Slight tangent... remember the ESPN 3Play? One night, I got Dennis Miller on MNF as one of my three. He made certain wisecracks that got me hundreds of points. Carry on.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Weirdest Willie Nelson song ever, right there.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

Has she had Hillary on yet? I think that could be a turning point for both of them.

M-"Welcome, a lot of people - you among them - don't feel you've been treated fairly by the press."
    H- "Well, yeah - I'm sure you have a better understanding of where I'm coming from now with some of the stuff written about this show."
    M- "I KNOW!!! Right?????!!! I kind of feel like people are just waiting for any slight flub or mistake and just jump on me because it will get clicks."
    H- "I KNOW!!!! Right?????!!!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And now, for the gleeful anonymous trashing from co-workers.

Keep Out, Kelly! Matt & Savannah Snub 'Toxic' Megyn: 'No One Wants To Be Around Her'

The on-set insider warns, “Don’t expect to see Matt and Megyn at lunch anytime soon — She has become so toxic everyone wants to stay away from the bad smell.”

. . .

Snitches spilled Hoda, 53, and Gifford, 64, are down 8% since Kelly became the lead-in for NBC‘s third hour with Megyn Kelly Today. “The ladies are furious,” said the informant.

Gifford is “livid” Kelly’s ratings disaster is negatively effecting her prized position at the network, the insider said, adding that she has a message for the execs in charge of hiring her: “I told you so!”

12. DanOregon

NBC should flip the shows, have HKL do the 9, have Kelly do a show that has a little harder edge than the Ripa show (authors, issues, business and political leaders).

Draft saved Draft deleted