1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Megyn Kelly Today" is not off to such a wonderful start

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Koppel didn't have a monopoly on smug -- and Nightline was hugely successful. I'm too young to remember what abbott is referencing with Carter, but I would bet that made Koppel powerful. Wouldn't have weakened him. I remember when they found Imelda Marcos's shoe closet. That was a huge story.

Cable changed it for sure, but people were still making a ton of cash. What's really changed it is how millennials consume news. Twitter, Instastories, Facebook Live and whatever is coming next will end the days of multiple high-salaried anchors. Some will still cash in, but the percentage will be lower.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think our market is in the high 90s/low 100s. The main anchors at the two top stations have both been there for 30-plus years, they just rotate female co-anchors in with them. The chief mets have each been there 20-plus. And based on their houses and vehicles, they are doing very well for themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted