1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Megyn Kelly Today" is not off to such a wonderful start

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That’s NBC’s stupid penalty for hiring her in the first place.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’m sure there’s a provision in her contract to prevent this but, as long as they are paying her, give her a show from Friday to Tuesday from 2:30 am to 3:30 am. Live, from New York.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ok, you’ve made plenty of money in the last decade, enough for most people to live on the rest of their lives, but you’re now at least temporarily ostracized from that industry. Now $69 million ($40 after taxes?) falls into your lap.

What do you do? Would you ever work again?

I’m sure she’ll have some options but I’m not sure now what they’d be.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Fuck no. I spend time with my family. I have nice houses and apartments in three or four cities around the world, and I fly first class between them whenever I'm bored. I eat like a fucking animal. I exercise. I go to the World Cup. I read as many great books as I can. I do nice things for people. I never utter another public word.

Pilot likes this.
  6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That would be a good idea, but in addition to a clause in her contract there's probably something in union contracts about all the
    production people working at that time, unless it's for triple time and a half.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

She'll be back. She's not ending her career on that. And I imagine someone will hire her.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Enough for MOST people to live on the rest of their lives? And now the whole $69 million, that you don't even have to earn now, falls in your lap?

No way would I ever work again.

In fact, I'd be putting in reservations for that 111-day round-the-world cruise that, on a lark, I was just looking at an hour ago on the internet.

Funny, Pilot, I was thinking exactly the questions in your post, after I read this article, after getting kind of annoyed that this is happening for her after she not only didn't fulfill her contract but was fired, after a last act that was considered offensive, to boot. Really, why should she or would she care if she ever works again? Or if she can do so, or not? That kind of money makes it so it really doesn't matter.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Pilot likes this.
  9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Fox won't. Zucker might.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

My post above notwithstanding, if she wanted to work, I would hire her again for the right job, which, in my opinion, she left when she left Fox News. I think she'd be terrific on 60 Minutes, or in some other hard-news show/role.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

She’s painted herself into a weird spot where she consistently enough says non-PC stuff she may not get hired at a mainstream broadcast network, at least not soon. I thought she was supposed to get over that at NBC, but obviously couldn’t.

Most people like that are welcomed with open arms and big checks by the right, Fox News or any of the various other right-wing news outlets, blog networks, NRA, whatever. Alas, those people passionately hate her thanks to her run ins with Trump.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She also isn't getting younger

Draft saved Draft deleted