1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Megan McArdle on New York Magazine going biweekly

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by printit, Dec 5, 2013.

1. printit

printit Member

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-05/lazy-journalists-aren-t-to-blame-for-death-of-print.html

Posted without much comment. McArdle is one of my favorite reads. Thought this was an interesting take on business side of journalism. Particularly liked the part about niche markets.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

They should've gone the subscription+website route, like the New Yorker. I would've gladly paid $30 a year for it (instead of reading it for free off the web.)

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

McArdle's an idiot. How does she like Bloomingdale?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Forget the blue font? McArdle's arguably the best business/economics writer for popular consumption out there.

5. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Hell no I didn't forget the blue font. Re-read her whole moving saga and get back to me.

They say the same about Matt Yglesias, but what else do him and McArdle have in common, other than econ? They're both idiots. Best I can say about McArdle is she isn't a shameless asshole like Yglesias. She's just stupid.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

chuckling ...

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If they can't make it once a week, why do they think twice a week will work?

Draft saved Draft deleted