1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Megan Fox as Catwoman?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Eddie Izzard or possibly Jack Black COULD do a good job.

But Hoffman would definitely be the first draft choice.

I presume if the Penguin ever appears in the series, he will appear as a compulsive, fastidiously neat, British dandy -- very much the opposite of the character as played by DeVito, and in some ways the opposite of the Ledger Joker. While the Joker wanted to enforce anarchy and disorder, the Penguin is a napoleonic control freak.

As far as Megan Fox as Catwoman, I'm OK with it -- most of the actresses you would think would be natural choices (Jolie, Beckinsale, Garner) are either too old or have already made big action hero/cartoon franchise movies and probably wouldn't be picked for fear of typecasting.

Having Holmes in "Batman Begins" didn't ruin that movie, so I don't think Fox would ruin the next installment. She's not a tremendous dramatic actress, but if the part was written right, she wouldn't really have to be.

Since Nolan has avoided at all costs directly retracing any of the plot lines of the Burton/Schumacher series, it's pretty safe to bet we won't see a Penguin/Catwoman villain pairing.

Nolan foreshadowed the Joker in "Begins"; in "The Dark Knight," two villains were foreshadowed: Catwoman and the Riddler.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And she should be played by someone who's able to act, leaving Ms. Jovovich standing forlornly on the corner.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Many dismissed Ledger when they heard he'd be playing the Joker.

And he put forth quite the remarkable and memorable performance.

Let's not entirely scoff at Fox, either. While she's nowhere in Ledger's class as an actor, there's no telling what Nolan has cooked up. He's been money in his casting for the series so far.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I'm scoffing. Hard.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Fixed.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

How about Meryl Streep? She can act.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They could do worse than Kate Beckinsale.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Has she ever darkened her hair? I was thinking her as well.

9. Mizzougrad96

I know her primarily as a brunette. She's probably considered too old, but I don't think she is.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

TTIWWOP.

rb

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I was thinking of Cate Blanchett.

Beckinsale just does not smolder.

12. Mizzougrad96

I like Blanchett, but not as Catwoman.

Draft saved Draft deleted