1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet Wisconsin's new Supreme Court justice, John Rocker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In one of her college columns, Bradley criticized people trying to bring attention to the AIDS epidemic, hitting “their misdirected compassion for the degenerates who basically commit suicide through their behavior.”

She also argued that it would be better to get AIDS than cancer, “because those afflicted with the politically-correct disease will be getting all of the funding.”

“How sad that the lives of degenerate drug addicts and queers are valued more than the innocent victims of more prevalent ailments,” she added.

Wisconsin Elects A Supreme Court Justice Who Once Mocked ‘Queers’ Who Get AIDS

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Used to be poppy and cool to call someone queer.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

queer (adj.) [​IMG]
    c. 1500, "strange, peculiar, eccentric," from Scottish, perhaps from Low German (Brunswick dialect) queer "oblique, off-center," related to German quer"oblique, perverse, odd," from Old High German twerh "oblique," from PIE root *terkw- "to turn, twist, wind" (see thwart (adv.)).

Sense of "homosexual" first recorded 1922; the noun in this sense is 1935, from the adjective. Related: Queerly. Queer studies as an academic discipline attested from 1994.
    queer (v.) [​IMG]
    "to spoil, ruin," 1812, from queer (adj.). Related: Queered; queering. Earlier it meant "to puzzle, ridicule, cheat" (1790). To queer the pitch (1846) is in reference to the patter of an itinerant tradesman or showman (see pitch (n.1)).These wanderers, and those who are still seen occasionally in the back streets of the metropolis, are said to 'go a-pitching ;' the spot they select for their performance is their 'pitch,' and any interruption of their feats, such as an accident, or the interference of a policeman, is said to 'queer the pitch,'--in other words, to spoil it. [Thomas Frost, "Circus Life and Circus Celebrities," London, 1875]

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I shudder to think how I'd feel if someone had a recording of the speech I made as a freshman in Spanish class, the gist of which was people who smoke pot have only themselves to blame if they get caught and have to live with the consequences of their stupid actions.

Other views I held at the time included how in the hell can two men get married.

My sister, the biggest earthy granola type I know, endures regular teasing at family gatherings about her time as a College Republican.

I'm not saying this is dirty pool, all's fair (or at least all public record's fair) in a campaign, but decades-old political opinions from the formative years are of little to no interest.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Hopefully she'll refrain from choking her colleagues on the bench.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Scott Walker's work is done.

7. But she's pro bestiality, right? I think that's THE issue near and dear to Wisconsinites. ... That and Bo Ryan's love life.
    #deaddeerloveplatform

She's a 6.

[​IMG]

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Look at those incisors. She's a vampire.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted