1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet "Tilly" -- A Real Killer Whale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

awesome

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Was awesome when Batman said it in the OP, too.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Damn -- I missed that. I tip my hat.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bow in your general direction.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's the rare humpfront whale.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I think I know what Chris Rock would say about this ...

"Siegfried and Roy, the tiger bit the man in the head, and everybody's mad at the tiger. Talkin' bout the tiger went crazy. That tiger ain't go crazy, that tiger went tiger! You know when the tiger went crazy? When the tiger was riding around with the little Hitler helmet on. Oh ... I'm a crazy tiger!"

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They think it was because of the trainer's ponytail:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8539419.stm

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've been to a few dolphin and whale shows and while entertaining, I wouldn't have a problem if they just had a big old tank where you could watch the whales and dolphins swim around.

Agreed its sad and RIP to the trainer.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Oppressed white American Evangelical Christians?

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I feel bad for plenty of people - kids born with disabilities, kids who don't have enough to eat, mental patients who end up homeless, people who contracted AIDS through a blood transfusion, people who livein Canada and can't escape.......

What I don't feel bad for - in the same way Chris Rock was quoted above - are people who fuck with wild animals who are big enough and strong enough to tear their heads off and have the instincts to do it without being provoked.

That includes people who are mauled in the annual running of the bulls or who are mauled by a pissed off bull or bronco in a rodeo.

I don't anticipate I'll ever get eaten by a lion or tiger or killer whale for that matter because, well, my ass ain't ever getting in a cage with any of them and as Jim Rome likes to say "I ain't going to participate in any sport which requires a Bull -- be it running from them, riding them or fighting them."

11. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Now THIS is a show I'd pay to see.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fatty titties are so unattractive. She should keep them covered up and propped up so you can at least give the illusion that you have a nice perky set of them....

Draft saved Draft deleted