1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet "Tilly" -- A Real Killer Whale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Killer whale at Sea World, named "Tilly," grabs a trainer during the start of a show today. Tilly didn't let go. The trainer was dead in a matter of moments. They cleared the orca stadium, but the park remained open.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-seaworld-orlando-shamu-injury-20100224,0,942688.story

And apparently this isn't Tilly's first victim. She has a history of violence, including a dead homeless guy they found in her tank a couple years ago. I guess you could call her a serial killer whale.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Three threads on the same topic created simultaneously. It's like Tesla and Marconi. And, um, Radio from that movie with Ed Harris.
    Mods, feel free to delete this, merge 'em, whatever.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Obviously, I feel horribly for the trainer, who probably loved doing what she believed was helping ocean animals for her career. RIP.

Just as obviously, someone has this on tape and will probably try to make a few bucks off it. Scumbag.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's just awful.

Growing up, I used to think that would be the coolest job ever.

5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I've been to the killer whale show at SeaWorld in Orlando. Wow.

Only Shamu Stadium was closed - the rest of the park stayed open. If I were at SeaWorld today (and not dodging snowflakes), I don't know if I'd want to stay. The show goes on in the rest of the park, even though a whale killed a trainer? Oh, man.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Vince McMahon sees nothing wrong with that.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The show must go on, the trainer would have wanted it that way . . .

Personally I want to be a selfish jerk and have the world shut down when I die. Nothing must go on.

Had this happened in Texas would there be a call for the death penalty, and if they decided to fry the whale would it just take tossing a toaster into the tank?

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Caught on tape. Warning, graphic images:

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

awesome. Well done. I was thinking that was a little quick.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That looks like a clip from the worst movie ever.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought it was odd that this whale killed (or at least ate) the homeless guy a few years ago. Isn't that how human serial killers get started? They need to check the tank again. There might be a dead prostitute stashed down there.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"I guess this is one fish that doesn't appreciate catch and release."
    [​IMG]
    YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted