1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet the Smithereens

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 9, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- November 07, 2006 -- KOCH Records announces the release of "Meet The Smithereens!," the new album by New Jersey's The Smithereens in January 2007. Paying homage to The Beatles' groundbreaking album, "Meet The Beatles!," the Smithereens have rerecorded the album in its entirety, and the result is a fun and nostalgic trip through 12 classic songs done Smithereens style.

----

I'll be first in line for this!

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Will play the Beatles for booze food. [/denuzio]

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now that could be an instant classic

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

That's a very accurate quote. I heard Pat Dinizio on the radio a few weeks ago, and he has some interesting things going on. One is you can book him to come play in your house for you and a few friends. He shows up with an accoustic guitar and plays in your living room.

The other is even more bizzare, he will invite you over to HIS house to listen to him play in HIS living room. You just have to bring the meatballs. He said it is explained on his website.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If he'll bring his former producer, Don Dixon, then we've got a party.

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The Smithereens were a great band back in the day. "Smithereens 11" is a really good record.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also, does he still do the thing where, for $300, you send him some lyrics, and he makes a song out of 'em?

I believe DiNizio also was (or will be) on some reality show where he tries out to be a catcher on an independent league baseball team. At age 50.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

That flashed through my mind earlier, but I could not quite pin down the details.

Draft saved Draft deleted