1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet The Press: Who should get the gig?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DanOregon, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Adam Corolla, Aaron Brown, Rush Limbaugh or The Big Lead would be my top picks

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

"Welcome back to Meet the Press. First up, which possible future First Lady is the hottest? And has she had a baby by Matt Leinart?"

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It scares me that someone heard the same thing that I did.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bingo!!!
    And the thing that is so dicey about Meet The Press is that it isn't like its the format that sells the show. It was number three when Russert took over and he didn't get to number one by being known as a softball pitcher to get the big names. You need to be fair enough so guests won't shy away and tough enough to make some news on the show and attract viewers.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

They just announced that Tom Brokaw will moderate until the end of the elections.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

NEW YORK (June 22) (AP) - Veteran news anchor Tom Brokaw will moderate NBC's "Meet the Press" through the November election in the place of the late Tim Russert, the network announced Sunday.

Brokaw is scheduled to start on June 29. He had filled in on the program for the Sunday following Russert's death of a heart attack on June 13.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Good move. That way, if they want to get anyone else involved on the gig, they'll get some time to season.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's too bad he's a busy-ass workaholic already with what he does, because Brian Williams would be great. Otherwise, it's tough to see anyone else being able to seize the job and own the show the way Russert did. I don't expect to see any who takes over to be dynamic in the same way.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Bump because NBC made its choice.

David Gregory will be the new host. "Meh" pretty much sums it up.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16119.html

10. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

There has to be a computer graphics program that can shrink his planet-sized head. Even on a guy as big as him it looks very odd. And I wonder what Robert Reich are some other small pol (Gary Bauer?) would look like sitting across from him.

o-<

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

What an uninspired choice. Viva Chuck Todd!

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Indeed. And NBC could have easily replaced Todd with Nate Silver.

Draft saved Draft deleted