1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet Lefty-Brained ... and answer some questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jun 5, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Teach her a kick-serve to her right-handed opponents' backhand.

The tennis scholarship will more than make up for every inconvenience along the way.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ha! I'm the same way. Grew up playing with my dad's clubs, and he swung righty (the same way he hit a baseball, even though he and I both throw lefty.) Finally got a (limited) set of my own lefty clubs when I was about 16, so I learned that way, too. I'm probably a little better hitting lefty, but I suck both ways (and haven't played a full round in years), so it doesn't matter.

I also bowl righty -- just a weird preference, I guess. And my dominant foot in soccer is clearly my right. My jump shot is a little unorthodox, but it's righty -- although I have a mean lefty hook shot, as many coworkers have found out in midnight pickup games. :D

So to sum up:
    Lefty -- bat, throw, write
    Righty -- bowling, frisbee, soccer
    Ambidrextrous -- golf, basketball

Not sure what that says about me, but I define myself as a lefty.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've always been right-footed. I don't know how it worked, but it sure confused me when I was much younger.

4. I'm definitely right-nostriled.

5. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

Brought to you by coke. It's the real thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted