1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"meet joe black"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jul 11, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

hasan hour to go on uhd. one of those movies that draws me in every every time. even though it's incredibly loooong and slow-moving.

maybe it's because claire forloni is shot so incredibly beautifully in this film. simply stunning.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Far better than Meet Dave.

But we've been into that already.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I like the part when Brad Pitt gets hit by the bus.

4. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Nowhere near as good as Hellboy 2, though

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it, but I attended my senior year of high school next door to the big mansion featured in it (Aldrich Mansion, Warwick, R.I.).

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, this is one of those flicks that critics (both professional and armchair) just LOVE to pan. But, you know what? I dig it. I think it's a wonderful little pic. Same basket as the "Sabrina" update with Harrison Ford, Julia Ormond and Greg Kinnear. Sweet, wonderfully shot and acted little gems.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i dig it, too. but there ain't nuthin' "little" about it.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

[​IMG]

If anything, based on this, the movie isn't long enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Claire Forlani is simply beautiful!!!! I saw some shitty movies cause of her.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

What a lousy movie. To paraphrase someone I heard, Why would I want to pay $8 to see Brad Pitt eat peanut butter and act like a retard?

True story ... I hadn't seen any trailers for the movie and knew nothing about it when my friend George called me on a Friday night to see if I wanted to join him and five females to see this. George is a big baseball fan, as am I. I could only assume it was about former Negro Leaguer and the first black man to win a World Series game, Joe Black. While I wasn't sure why five women wanted to see a movie about the Negro Leagues, I was in.

When Pitt got hit by that van, I broke out laughing, while the rest of the theater hushed. I thought that was the point at which Pitt was going to "Meet Joe Black" in heaven for some reason or another (incorrectly believing Black was dead).

I swear, I waited like a half hour before I realized there would be no Negro League baseball in this film. And I wept. And the girls all thought I was sensitive and I had a wonderful sexual experience with all of them.

OK, I made up the last two sentences.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Made-up or not, that's going in my sig. Tremendous. :D

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I knew if anyone would appreciate that story, it would be you, B-Dub. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted