1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet Chef's next new car

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's the Camaro, Chef.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I like the look of the new Dodge Challenger. That was the first car I remember, as my dad had one.

3. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I wasn't around back in the muscle car era, but my dad and his friends were all about them and it rubbed off on me.

I was hoping for my uncle to sell me his '69 RS/SS 396 Camaro, but alas, he didn't.

The new cobra and shelby mustangs are so sexy but the new Camaro SS is awfully attractive.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't know what my next car will be, but I think I know what I'll name her when it's time to send Ethel to the old car's home.

Tallulah.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I know the amputee jokes have already been done. I'm late to the thread. So shoot me. Just thought this one was appropriate. Three wheels, and it even looks like a toe:

[​IMG]

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

The rollin' scrotum.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pretty much all American cars from '74 to '93 sucked.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If money is no object ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. dooley_womack1

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What in the name of Tebow is THAT?

11. dooley_womack1

Wasn't that one of the Banana Splits?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Some sort of prototype electric car called the "Corbin Sparrow". It was, apparently, for sale at one point but has been sold:
    http://www.jdlh.palo-alto.ca.us/pr/sparrow_for_sale2005/

There are other pictures of the car on the link, shot from different angles. One is of the rear. It kind of looks like a smiley face.

EDIT: Some more searching turned up everything you ever wanted to know about the Corbin Sparrow.
    http://www.hightechscience.org/sparrow.htm

Only a few hundred were made, around the start of the decade. For only the price of a regular new car ($13,900), you too could zoom around town for 35-45 miles on a single charge (which takes six hours). Of course, you'd be zipping by yourself since the car is a single-seater. And the trunk only has room for six grocery bags, so a big trip to the store or moving furniture is probably out too.
    Remind me again why electric vehicles haven't taken off yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted