1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media members angry about Steph Curry bringing his daughter to press conference

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, May 20, 2015.

1. Boozeman

Boozeman Member

What I really don't understand is why Curry is getting so much heat for it when no athlete before him who did the exact same thing ever has. I vaguely remember Chris Paul's son doing something similar a few years ago and there wasn't a peep from anyone about it. Maybe because Skip Bayless didn't quite have the platform he does now to add fuel to the waaahmbulance?

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't know that he's getting heat for it. Based on the reaction of the reporters around him after the practice today, you would think they all thought it was great, or at least a cute moment.

I think it's just two well-known jackasses made a big deal out of it when there was nothing bad about what happened.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bayless did it because he knew it would get attention. Just like Tebow, just like Aikman, he wants to be talked about and he doesn't care if he's being talked about negatively.

I don't know if Windhorst got sucked into that or if he really is that out of touch.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First question, "What's it like being on the court when ... "

I don't think I've ever heard him answer that question before. Holding on to the edge of my seat for the greatest answer ever.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Spnited's mantra comes to mind ...

6. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

I'll gladly trade assignments with anyone who complains the kid caused them to miss deadline. If I can keep my own stats, file 400 words and upload video all by 10:30 at the latest on a Friday, I think I could handle an NBA conference final.

7. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Also, I did had a problem when Paul Finebaum asked the kid if she thought Jameis Winston was an embarrassment....

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Some media really need to get the F over themselves. Any and all of us can be replaced tomorrow.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This is incredible.

LongTimeListener and Songbird like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They're better off on the baseball field anyways.

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was an unexpected and human moment in what is one of the most ritualized and robotic events in our society, the post-game presser. And reporters didn't like it? Well, Bayless and a reporter didn't. What fools they be. PS: Anybody who missed a deadline because they waited for or thought they needed Steph Curry to rip the lid off the Western Conference finals has only themselves to blame.

12. TGO157

TGO157 Active Member

And Bingo was his name-o.

Draft saved Draft deleted