1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media member sells Kyle Rudolph's gloves on eBay

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Jan 8, 2020.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A poster here? We can only hope!

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I saw Rudolph's tweet shortly after he sent it and, if that is indeed true and no one really has any reason to doubt what Rudolph says, the "media member" should have his credentials revoked. You just don't do that and the media guidelines explicitly prohibit such things.

SFIND, Tweener and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think you yank the entire organization's credentials as well. But why do I think "media member" means this isn't a leading organization. Kind of like when people use the term actor instead of "star" when describing some low-level schlub who once guest-starred on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

$5 says he works for The Maven.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's a shocking, despicable thing.

I'll be curious to see what kind of media member the guy was, or if he was a scam artist who claimed he was media.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rudolph obviously knows who this is. He wouldn't just give a signed piece of equipment to a random member of the media pack, no matter what charity it was for. So it's got to be somebody in the Minneapolis media that regularly covers the team, right?

RonClements likes this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The seller has one other current item for sale, a "Gameday" program from Pats-Titans. Indianapolis is listed as the seller's location, though that isn't always accurate. He has hundreds of sold items, the first page of which shows a bunch of media guides for cheap but also four NFL 100th season Record and Fact Books, which sold for between $157 and north of $300. So he's definitely got his side hustle on, but deceiving a player for game-worn stuff is beyond the pale.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is this the "media member?"

[​IMG]

10. Equalizer

Equalizer Member

Had to be someone Rudolph knew.

Also, I'll take the Maven bet.

RonClements likes this.
  11. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member