1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media Guides question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by RogerDorn, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Supposedly some teams stamp them with serial numbers (I did see some numbers on a few series of guides), keep track of which guides were issued to whom, and a few times a year, send student assistants through the used book stores to jot down numbers if they find guides for sale.

It sounds insanely idiotic and paranoid, but some teams are indeed insanely idiotic and paranoid, so who knows. There are definitely a few PR/SID offices it wouldn't surprise me one little bit.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's one of the greatest lines ever used on this board.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Bookman? The library investigator's name is actually, Bookman? That's amazing. That's like an ice cream man named, Cone.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Regular libraries probably wouldn't want them, but school libraries might. If nothing else, kids who are sports fans might want them.

It kills me to throw books away.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Many libraries have a Friends of the Library group that runs a book sale. You could look into donating the media guides to them if the library itself doesn't want them.

Draft saved Draft deleted