1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

media guides needed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kerrell goolsby, Aug 29, 2018.

1. kerrell goolsby

kerrell goolsby New Member

Afternoon All!!!!

I write a weekly blog for Word Press that deals with the NFL and have done so for about six years. Before that, I did the same for a site called Gather. When Gather went belly up like an overfed goldfish, I moved there.

With that, every year I have done football, I have gotten the media guides for all the teams in the league. This year, I have somewhat hit a wall. I am short eight guides (Atlanta, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit, Philadelphia, Seattle and Washington) for this season. I went to this site called NFLOMG and needed a password to get in.

Any help (including how to obtain a password) would be more than welcome!

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The site should have instructions on how to get a password - if not, a team you deal with regularly and knows your work should be able to provide guidance. When I needed a password for MLB credentialing when I oversaw a section in DC, the site had a link you could click on to obtain one. Same when I needed one for NASCAR information.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That looks like a pretty shady site, with no contact information on obtaining a password.

Have you reached out to the teams themselves?

4. kerrell goolsby

kerrell goolsby New Member

That's next. I'll check again this weekend or after Labor Day.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

NFLOMG is actually the media portal for at least some teams (including Buffalo). Here's what the team home pages look like:

omg.jpg

With that said, you might have better luck by going through nflcommunications.com to start.

Draft saved Draft deleted