1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media days

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cosmo, May 13, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Northeast Conference football.

2. satchmo

satchmo Member

Heart of America Athletic Conference football?

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

What would happen if a conference held a media day and no media outlets actually showed up?

4. trench

trench Member

Canceling media days, for a smaller conference, I get. But no media guides? Unreal. As far as the schools are concerned, those things are as much a recruiting tool as they are a service item. Are they at least going to publish an online media guide?

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I can see these schools publishing a smaller number of hard copies for use with recruits and for sale to fans. They might just not have them available for free to the media when they can just point them to a URL.

Just curious -- does anyone know the base cost for a memory stick as opposed to printing costs on a 200-page media guide? Was wondering how much savings there is there ...

6. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Those memory sticks are pretty cheap by the bulk. Memory costs peanuts these days.

I don't mind it at all. PDFs on a fast computer are more than fast enough and it saves you from lugging around 10 tons of media guides that will be so much useless trash in a year's time.

Draft saved Draft deleted