1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

media "criticized" for Anna Nicole Smith coverage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good to hear that, because I had never heard of The Borowitz Report before.

2. boots

boots New Member

A made-up whorish character who took herself out on a permanent-type nod.
    By the way, do the words postpartum depression mean anything? I believe she had it - big time.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Boots, I've avoided virtually all the ANS news, except for what appears here, but I haven't yet heard anyone suggest PPD. Now that you have, though, it makes me wonder if you aren't on to something.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Please don't libel the word "satire"

5. boots

boots New Member

Hey, I'm no doctor but I do know about PPD. I do know the symptoms and it's as plain as the nose on my face that she had it. Look, she gave birth. Three days later, her son died. Her mind was clusterfucked. The drugs didn't help.
    No doubt she was a wreck waiting to happen.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm agreeing with you on this one boots. I'm just surprised I hadn't heard it mentioned before. Like I said, I've been avoiding ANS coverage on TV.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That's because it would take an actual journalist to surmise such a possibility, and I don't think there's an actual journalist (at least from TV anyway) actually covering the case.

8. boots

boots New Member

Thanks for the compliment but you are right. There are nothing but talking heads covering it. Just listen to the questions that are asked during press conferences.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Again, that's part of his schtick. He adds a one liner to every Borowitz Report that has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the made up satire.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

[​IMG]

Anna Nicole's body, Day 14....awaiting the appeal.

Draft saved Draft deleted