1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

media "criticized" for Anna Nicole Smith coverage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 22, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.borowitzreport.com/archive_rpt.asp?rec=6696&srch=

The rest of the story is as good as that lead is...

2. boots

boots New Member

First off, I think the media contributed to her downfall. She was famous for what? Having big tits? Marrying an old geezer who croaked? Fucking everybody? I feel for the kid more than I do anyone. As for her boyfriend, sleazeball lawyer, he should get the shit kicked out of him. That will happen when the DNA proves he ain't the baby's daddy.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

All I know is the entire time I was at the gym today, fucking Faux News televised the entire court proceeding. What everyone was in court for I don't know. But I took it as a major insult that it was even on TV there.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm thinking this might be an Onion-type of joke article, because I googled "Carol Foyler," the group's spokesperson and she appears on the Borowitz report as a spokesperson for ABC, NASA, the Bush Administration and a group representing the nation of Namibia.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Can I get back the two minutes I needed to read that dreck? What does this guy want to do when he grows up? Work for The Onion?

EDIT: Dammit Alley, you beat me to it.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The Borowitz Report has been around for years and is usually pretty funny.

So, in case there are some of you not clear on the subject: It's satire.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Blue is for sarcasm.

Maybe we need a special colour for satire.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I prefer to leave the colors and fonts alone for the most part. Though I at times am blind to it, I think if you can't recognize satire, sarcasm or humor it really shouldn't be the responsibility of another person to point it out for you.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It was very good satire, especially the last paragraph of the story:

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thank you so much for posting that ESJ...a couple of people around me laughed out loud on that one. So I guess I can legitimately say, LOL.

11. wordsmith

wordsmith New Member

Who's Anna Nicole Smith?

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

See, that paragraph just stuck the wrong way with me. Either make the whole story Anna Nicole or do a notes column with several gags. The Nashville/Bush gag just seemed like it was thrown in there because the writer didn't want to end on the lame Wolf Blitzer line and he didn't have enough to build a decent story out of the Nashville stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted