1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media coverage of Charlie Sheen

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 2, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There may or may not be a story here, but when the hell did it become the job of journalists to start advising interview subjects? Do I think it's been overdone? Yes ... but I think all celebrity news is overdone ... yes, even more overdone than Super Bowl hype! I keep thinking back a few years ago, when I was on news side, mostly doing wire pages. California, as usual was in the midst of a budget crisis, yet AP's lead story on the state budget was the latest on the Britney Spears meltdown! Can we just dig up Rona Barrett or Walter Winchell so we know its just the usual Hollywood crap, and let news people pursue news?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Finally, some actual news: There is someone who is a Variety/Fox Sports blogger. Huh. Learn something every day.

3. ringer

ringer Active Member

Agreed. I wish everyone interviewing Sheen would read this and hammer at these issues incessantly.

Draft saved Draft deleted