1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media Coordinator, NASCAR

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

In case any of our folks are looking at PR:

Here is the info:
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=827741

Company: NASCAR
    Position: Media Coordinator
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Description:
    Media Coordinator
    NASCAR is looking for a full time Media Professional to support its historical Modified Tour.
    This is an opportunity to work in one of North America’s leading sports governing bodies and help promote one of its most tradition-laden divisions. The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour is celebrating its 23rd season and we are seeking somebody committed to preserving the Tour’s rich history, but also dedicated to working with today’s stars.
    We are looking for an energetic, self-starter to provide on site management of all media related duties at Series’ events in the Northeast region. The ideal candidate must be willing to travel 75% including weekends, have at least 4 years related experience in media relations and a working knowledge of motorsports public relations.
    NASCAR offers an exciting, fast paced work environment with competitive pay & outstanding benefits including 401K eligibility after 30 days.
    Apply online at www.employment.nascar.com

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have friends who have similar jobs... They typically pay very well...

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Surprised they'd base it in Providence, though. Connecticut, maybe, Providence, not so much.

4. What is "very well?"

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

$60K to start... Both were poached away from other PR jobs, one college, one smaller Pro league... Neither had any previous experience with NASCAR... Neither of them is based in R.I. so I don't know if it's the same thing, but it sounds like it is...

6. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Comparing it to the cheap-assed pay of most newspapers, 60K probably sounds pretty good. But 60K gets you a dump in Providence without supplemental income and isn't good enough to be on the road 75 percent of the year, plus weekends, unless you're young and single.

7. Speedway

Speedway Member

Critical point here - this job is to support "the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour" not Nextel Cup, or even Busch or Craftsman Truck for that matter. For this reason, pay is probably on a much lower scale.

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

It's too bad that I don't have any PR experience (other than college classes), because I'd love to apply for this.

(what a lame 1,000th post. damn.)

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And you get to visit exotic outposts such as Thompson, Conn.; Wall Twp., N.J.; Claremont, N.H.; and Mansfield, Ohio. Fun!

10. Well said, nowhere near what it would take to inhale all those fumes and tobacco jizz.

11. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Does anyone know if this is still open/what became of it?

Draft saved Draft deleted