1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Media as media coordinators

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Taylee, Jan 26, 2007.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

There's no conflict of interest in my eyes. None at all, as long as your in-area competition isn't slighted in its coverage efforts. Sounds like anything would be an improvement over what was there before, plus you can reward one of your guys with a paycheck on the side and something to put on a resume.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

agree that it's a bit odd but not a conflict. maybe this goes without saying but i'd suggest having someone who isn't writing from the tournament do the coordinating.

3. beardown

beardown Member

As long as the media coordinator designates himself/herself in that position alone, regardless of the person's real job, I don't see a problem with it. It is better for that person to be on a different beat, maybe even a news reporter with a sports background, just to avoid all appearances of a conflict of interest.

Draft saved Draft deleted