1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meatpuppets vs. Sockpuppets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, May 25, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

(Background: in a certain state of inebriation, someone started calling someone else a meatpuppet last night.)

So... What the fuck is a meatpuppet? And do we have any here at SJ.com?

I looked up the wiki/urban dictionary, and I think we do (without naming names), but then again, I'm never sure if something is ironic or not and if the Irony Police should be called.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A member of a mid-90s one-hit wonder rock band.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

batman beat me by seconds

Batman likes this.
  4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If someone calls you a meat puppet, tell them to go to a lake of fire and fry.

bumpy mcgee and PCLoadLetter like this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This song for me is forever tied to Rabin's assassination. I was driving home from South Burlington after covering 2 state championship soccer games and heard the news finally and not long afterward this song came on the radio and it was a cold day amd I remember being in this weird flux of emotions ... elation from both teams I covered winning state titles to shock and sadness from Rabin to the trippiness of this song. That was a long strange drive back to Bennington. This song defines that 3-hour drive.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Eh?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted