1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile, Over There

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 6, 2008.

1. http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Iraq.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Let's see. US soldiers killed by rockets lobbed from one part of Baghdad into the "US-protected" Green Zone. I am unconvinced by The Surge.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it takes time for these types of things to work.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

They just want to keep their gun rights...

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

We've sacrificed so much to give that government a chance to do something -- anything! -- and what have they accomplished? Absolutely nothing of any significance. How many more mismanaged military conflicts are we going to be led into by Maliki? And for what?

The goal of the surge was to provide breathing room for political progress. As such, the surge has failed.

I also like this little nugget (buried near the end of the story) from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/06/AR2008040602425_2.html?hpid=topnews

5. Standing up...standing down...freedom....marching...burp!

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

And our military is paying roughly $3.25 a gallon over there while gas is $1.25 on the retail market.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Did I hear correctly on the radio this morning that anyone associated with Sadr won't get to be involved at all in the government? Democracy is on the march!

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is democracy. Anyone associated with Hillary won' get to be involved at all in the government here. Why should they be different?

9. OK, that's just so stupid on so many levels that I'm going to assume it's a joke and move along.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hillary's people won't be detonating bombs trying to overthrow the government -- at least I don't think so.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You really need to take a valium and give me a bit more credit than you do... Or you can think it is so stupid on so many levels that you are going to assume it's a joke and move along. You're amusing either way.

12. Can't hear you.
    I moved along.

Draft saved Draft deleted