1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile, Over In The Party Of The Grown-Ups...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 28, 2008.

1. It's hard to argue with you, SF, seeing this stuff all over the Most Trusted Name In News.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

You wanna know my favorite part? It's the part where Romney defends not eating the skin by saying he wanted to choose the healthiest option available. And yet he's eating at KFC? Good choice there, Mittster. ::) ;D

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Huck will get uglier, as desperation mode sets in . . .

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just so Boom won't think I'm completely one-sided, this is truly a non-issue. And Fen, shame on you for posting this. Surely you could have done better.

That being said, the premise of the original story is equally ridiculous, as is this election.

I say we start our own campaign for president. Who's with me?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HC & I had KFC last night. Skin and all.

6. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Fred the undead? Bob Dole? Ron Paul? I think he's got a few options. What's Jack Kemp been up to lately? Is it true that a Veep doesn't have to be relevant in the presidential race anymore?

7. alley --
    C'mon. This was posted at CNN. And two major Republican candidates got into a wrangle over FREAKING FRIED CHICKEN.
    This was too hilarious not to post -- especially as regards ol' finger-lickin' Mitt, who is just an amazing foof.

8. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

So purely on literary context, you have to chuckle at the fact a guy named Barack and a guy named Mitt and another one named Huckelberry (OK, Huckabee, close enough) are ahead of guys named John Edwards and Ron Paul. Obama or Huckabee should get this guy on their ticket if they haven't already: http://www.jayfootlik.com/en/node/36
    I'd almost pay to have a "Obama-Footlik" political button. Almost.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Huck won't go for Mitt. Chucky Norris just spoke kind words for McCain and ripped Romney.

I wish Joe Leeb would reconsider his thinking, but it will piss some of you off when he speaks to McCain's nomination at the GOP bash.

10. Now that Rudy! is going to endorse St. John, the contest between him and Joe for biggest asshole on the Straight Talk Express is wide open.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Then that would make the November election a perfect party of a-holes if Che gets the Democratic nomination.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Huck thinks the South will come through for him on Super Tuesday. Good luck with that.

But I think Huck sees the writing on the wall and is angling for veep at this stage. Staying in the race, he gets to play spoiler and/or kingmaker. He will align with McCain and bash Romney as long as Romney is perceived as having an edge. After Super Tuesday, if McCain inches ahead, he will switch allegiances and start hammering JoMac. Because GOP chaos gives Huck more sway.

Draft saved Draft deleted