1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile, Over In The Party Of The Grown-Ups...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 28, 2008.

1. The candidates engage in the latest installment of "I'm A Bigger Hick Than You."
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/28/huckabee-challenges-romney-over-fried-chicken/

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

It's GOT to be a slow day if that's the best you can come up with for your daily Republican-bashing thread.

And just so you know, I wouldn't exactly call the race your folks put on down here "grown-up."

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So in Fenian World, eating fried chicken makes one a hick?

Wow. Just wow.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I think the fact that one candidate needed to comment on how another candidate ate the fried chicken makes that person a hick. Which it does.

Huckabee is supposed to be the health nut, yet he is ripping Romney for removing the unhealthiest part of the chicken before eating it. Dumb.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yessir. They're all quiet at this point, laughing and toasting each other after this colossal land mine went off at American University.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well at least they didn't debate the merits of Kentucky Friend Squirrel.

And FB's right about one thing: didn't we already discover the dangers of voting for the guy you'd like most to have a beer with?

This isn't even GOOD phony populism.

I wonder how much Romney tipped.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yawn,
    Who let you out of the anti-Hillary threads?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Eating fried chicken doesn't make you a hick. Trying to make an election issue of how a good Southerner is supposed to eat fried chicken is pandering to hicks. Next up: Who's yer favorite NASCAR driver? Afterall, the ignorant rural vote is up for grabs.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Mike Gundy has called a news conference to demand that political reporters pick on him, because he's a man, he's 40.

10. Romney loses the South when he wears a No. 24 hat.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Romney is a fan of Jeff Earnhardt II.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Did I miss something? The guy made one smart-ass comment about how the Northerner eats fried chicken. I didn't exactly see anybody releasing press releases or commercials about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted