1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile In Flushing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As the Yankees steam toward another World Championship, The Mets are on their way out of the Playoffs. In May who would have thought it. Jose Reyes was taking over for Derek Jeter as best shortstop in NY went the cry.

2. what i love about this whole thing is how much Jimmy Rollins has backed up his talk each time the phils have played them--

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Fixed. They don't play the Japanese champions.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Jimmy Rollins will not have backed up his talk until the Phillies win the division, or at least spend a day in first place. Which they may do, but it hasn't happened yet.

5. phils may not be in first place (yet) but Rollins has killed the mets this season. If the mets win the division, it won't be because they shut down Rollins or the Phils...i get your point though--guess we'll know for sure in a couple weeks

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I could not believe how shitty the Mets looked last night.
    Brian Lawrence in a pennant race?

Mets and Cubs can both go suck it - though I do love a Cubs fan and would feel badly for her for about a nanosecond if they gag their way out of the playoffs.

7. Moderator1

And they're trying to fuck up again tonight against a team that, thus far, has thrown three AAA pitchers against them. This isn't Brian Lawrence getting railed, it's John Maine.

I'll wet myself if the Mets blow this one.

8. Moderator1

Belliard just went yard. 8-7 Nats. Lord, lord, lord.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Mets are simply made of fail right now.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

http://peeyourpantsforthebrewers.com/

Here's your template.

11. Moderator1

Manny Acta said about a month ago: We are not going to win anything this year but we are going to mess somebody up.

It would pretty much make my life if it was the Mets.
    Long way to go tonight. Nats continue their AAA pitching parade and even the Mets can come back.

12. Moderator1

9-7.
    D'Angelo Jimenez hits it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted