1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McRoberts the next Dookie NBA flop?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chester, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Denver traded for Steve Blake because he's such a damn good PG. Juan Dixon has made a few mil, and Wilcox isn't doing so bad in Seattle either. Not lighting it up, but getting paid. Blake has been the best pro for sure though.

And McRoberts better get his passport in order. The guy was extremely soft, except when he was taking cheap shots throughout the season, and he's even more overrated. The only thing I'll miss is being able to make fun of his overrated ass for not coming through when it matters.

2. WS

WS Member

Dook will be much better next year without him, I do believe

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

was he even the best player on duke? d.nelson is pretty good. he leads them in scoring and he plays pretty good d.

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

You could have just stopped your post after the first sentence, because that's true. Everything after that doesn't matter, because as you said it's not a college coach's job to produce NBA stars. His job is to win games, something coach K has done a decent job at.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Having been in the periphery during his high school career, McRoberts really is straight out of central casting when it comes to the prototypical Duke player people love to hate. People in Indiana will likely not forget his petulant fit he had regarding the Indiana All-Star team and the Mr. Basketball award.

Entitled, whiny, sometimes dirty, and with an overinflated opinion of himself (and, well, he's white too, nothing's more hateable than a bratty Duke white boy), that's McRoberts all over.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I watched McRoberts play a high school game where he shot about 1-for-10 and scored about 5 points against a team with nobody taller than 6-2. And then he bitched afterward about not getting any calls. I was amazed the guy was able to start for Duke. Turning pro early, that's hilarious.

7. Not at all. But he was included in Chef's original question. That's why I didn't mention him. Besides, everyone knows what a class act Hill is.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Sorry, that was meant for Oz, who used "all"

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes, McRoberts will suck royally. He had SUCH a huge dropoff this year, in terms of his overall game.

And Chuck, DeMarcus' defense wasn't what it was. The whole team basically played like shit. No cohesion.

Ask me why? No point guard worth a shit.

Hi, Greg Paulus!

10. RPS

RPS New Member

Of course, the Burger Boys are all objectively selected and always the best 24 players in HS hoops. It simply never happens that because a kid is recruited by or signed by a top program that his stock goes up and he makes a McDonald's team....

P.S. Brand, Boozer, and Battier would make a decent NBA nucleus.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

A treat for all the Duke haters :D

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Out of those guys, Brand, Boozer, Dunleavy, and Duhon so far has decent to pretty good careers in the league.

McRoberts is too soft and has a short temper. Secondly, it makes no sense for him to go pro in a financial point of view either. His family isn't hurting for $$$ and he grew up in a pretty damn good city and neighborhood.

Dumb fucking move.

Draft saved Draft deleted