1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McRib is coming back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

McRib = the most disgusting sandwich ever created.

Seriously, it's not even close to being tasty

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

100% agree.

McNasty

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

love me some McRibb.

No, it doesn't belong in any conversation about BBQ. McRibb is to BBQ what Fillet O Fish is to fresh seafood .... but dang that preformed patty of pig parts slathered in sauce with pickles and onions is might fine.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I always prefered the Cheddar Melt or whatever McDonalds called it. Burger, cheddar cheese, carmelized onions on a rye bun.

Please tell me somebody else knows what I'm talking about. Man I miss that sandwich!

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

What he said.

Previous two posts -- I'm sad for you.

:)

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

McRibb is proof there is a god.
    And he hates us.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Here's the sandwich I'm craving . . .

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I remember it but the last time I saw one anywhere was around 1988.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I will third this notion. However, considering the sandwich and a meal is probably close to $7 now, you're probably just better off getting the two for $20 at Applebee's, or the $1 BBQ Snackers at KFC, if you need a quick fix for ribs. It's worth trying once, but unless you're one of the few who gets hooked on them, you probably won't go back for seconds.

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Also on that page, McLobster, apparently real ... that's amazing..

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

If McDonalds had the balls, they'd kill the bun, and make it 2 McRib patties and give KFC a run with its Double Down.

12. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

I could go for a Mc DLT right about now. That seemed to be the closest thing to a quality sandwich that I can ever remember McDonald's putting out.

I did enjoy the Cheddar Melt. I remember back in college in the late 1980s, they had a special on those for $1.49 or something. The people at that McD's pretty much knew me by name by the time that special was over.

Does anyone else remember the 49-cent filet-o-fish on Fridays during Lent? Dad would come home on Friday night with a big sack full of those, some fries and 4 Shamrock Shakes. That was living.

Draft saved Draft deleted