1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McQueary sues PSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He might win a legal suit. It will be much harder to get a coaching job. That involves a certain amount of trust. A head coach would be thinking "If he turned in another member of the coaching staff, he might do the same thing to me". Doesn't matter what the event is. It's a matter of can I trust the guy?

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yes, because in any other university setting, people would be jumping up and down about turning in a pedo.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, it'll settle. Most civil cases do - something like 98 percent. A few years ago, Notre Dame went to trial when an assistant coach sued Bob Davie for age discrimination. Just a wildly terrible decision by Notre Dame to let all of its dirty laundry get entered into the public record.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yep. And given that Penn State officials are acting like they're desperately trying to hide something I can't see them going to court on any of these suits.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

What does "ended" mean? Why would he do that?

I'm guessing the key line in that story is this:

Neither side has disclosed if a settlement has been reached.

6. Yeah, I also suspect settlement and non-disclosure.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Winner, winner

Draft saved Draft deleted