1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McQueary sues PSU

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Files whistleblower lawsuit.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/psu/mcqueary-sues-penn-state-655862/

2. turski7

turski7 Member

Better believe he was a scapegoat.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Did he file the lawsuit or did Daddy do it on his behalf?

4. btm

btm Member

His lawyer's last name is Strokoff.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He was hardly blameless, but he was also scapegoated.

There will be hundreds of millions of dollars paid out in upcoming lawsuits and settlements; he might as well get some.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Especially since he'll never coach again.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I hope he wins. Lord knows he's young and will hardly be able to get a job in coaching.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I bet this never gets to court.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that; he's young enough. Ten or 15 years from now, he could resurface somewhere.

He didn't handle the situation correctly, but the university totally threw him under the bus.

10. curious why this is being called in reports a whistleblower lawsuit? it doesn't look like one to me (disclosure: non-attorney).

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

What on earth did he expect? To be labeled a hero and have them errect a statue of him outside the stadium? C'mon, can't be that naive, can he?

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

He reported a crime to a university official. He's claiming he got defamed by the president of said university because he reported that crime. That makes this a whistleblower lawsuit.

Draft saved Draft deleted