1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNamee says he'll sue Clemens if Rocket sticks to his story on 60 Mins.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Jan 3, 2008.

1. I thought Zeke had the biggest dick.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Notice how Clemens dances around making any statement that McNamee is lying or untruthful. He just says his version of the facts, which does not subject him to any potential liability for libel.

Interesting that McNamee is represented by a NY heavy hitter in libel. Bet that's got Clemens' attorneys changing their game plan.

My bet is that Clemens never ever says that McNamee is lying. He'll just dance around it and say "I've said my story, you draw your own conclusions."

3. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

You hit the nail on the head.
    If he were lying he'd have a case for perjury and you gotta believe he'd have filed it a day or two after the Mitchell report came out after consulting with his lawyers. Clemens is trying to protect his legacy that's been shit on without putting himself in a position that makes him look like a bigger jackass and without admitting his guilt.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Just like Bonds...wasn't threatening to sure because the book wasn't true, just how the information was obtained.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Anyone with a hundred bucks and a lawyer can file a lawsuit.

Everyone will report that the suit was filed, and everyone will lose interest long before the thing is settled. Clemens pockets are a lot deeper than mcnamee's.

6. Only if you believe his PR firm.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Clemens says he was injected with B-12 and lidocaine.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/03/60minutes/main3671585.shtml

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Same defense as Rafael Palmeiro.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Lidocaine injections in the butt for joint pain? I'm laughing so much it hurts.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

but he's hoping no one notices that part.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hey at least I'm owning up to letting some unlicensed clown with no medical training use a syringe on my ass. Everybody does that right? I'm only worth millions but I've got my batboy injecting me. Don't want to waste any money on real medical help.

12. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Lidocaine? Sweet jeebers that cracks me up. I use lidocaine patches for pain in my rotator cuff (two surgeries on it)....trust me, that does nothing for his "defense."

I'm still sick at the news about the Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association allowing him to speak on his "workout" routine. Talk about placing their priorities.....

Draft saved Draft deleted