1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb plays race card

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Sep 18, 2007.

?

Can we now admit that Rush and JDV were right and McNabb was overrated?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. No, I know McNabb is an ELITE HOF QB!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I know McNabb sucks but I'll never admit I was wrong. I'm too biased and agenda driven

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Flash

Flash Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Does every thread this John D. Villarreal character (emphasis on word "character") turn into a train wreck?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yes.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Isn't playing well for 3 or 4 years!??!?! The dude was an MVP candidate before he got injured last year. See , this is another thing. People are tagging him as a stereotypical black quarterback. In case you guys haven't noticed, McNabb is a VERY good passer. He's been playing with shit his whole career and he's some how gotten the Eagles to 4 NFC championship games and 1 Super Bowl(and that was the only year he actually had a better than average wideout).

P.S. You want to talk about how McNabb isn't clutch?

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Provably.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Here's the schematic:

[​IMG]

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'd go easy on the exclamations, CT, and reread fof's original post. I believe he meant that Mr. McNabb isn't playing well right now.

8. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

BTW, the talk of "bias" in the poll by the thread starter is pretty ridiculous since there's no accurate option. Where's the "no, because even bad McNabb (see: the last two games) is better than over half the other QBs in the NFL." Last night he completed 2/3 of his passes, had no turnovers and 240 yards. The only pro-McNabb is a jackass CAPS LOCK TO PROVE INTERNET HYPERBOLE option, which is intentionally exaggerated.

McNabb really does put a burr in people's saddles. Perhaps not more than the Manning Bros. (more Eli than Manning post Super Bowl), or Pennington, making the race argument moot. But he does draw a lot of unfair criticism. His "bad game" is a big game for a team with a better defense and more receiving options.

And like Chuck mentions above, no Rush wasn't right and to suggest so is asinine. When Rush said it, McNabb was one of the 3 best QBs in the league. Now if he said it you can maybe make the argument he's right. But then? Not a chance.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

[​IMG]

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Again, logic is provably and demonstrably unwelcome here.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

That's my fault. My whole point is this, McNabb is far from being overrated. In fact, he's really underrated.
    He's not playing well right now because he's playing on a bad knee(he says its at 75%). There has no been no decline in his game.

P.S. One thing that's also affecting the Eagles' play is the play calling. When Garcia was playing last year, the ran the ball a lot more. They made Westbrook the focus of the offense. I dont know why they wont do the same for Donovan.

12. IU90

IU90 Member

McNabb was an MVP candidate last year? Really? I was not aware of that.

I do seem to recall, however, that the Eagles were 5-6 with McNabb last year until he got injured, but then without him went undefeated the rest of the regular season, beat the Giants in the 1st Round of the playoffs, and lost a well-played heartbreaker to the Saints in Rnd 2. Since when do teams clearly play better without their MVP candidate QB on the field?

Draft saved Draft deleted