1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb plays race card

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Sep 18, 2007.

?

Can we now admit that Rush and JDV were right and McNabb was overrated?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. No, I know McNabb is an ELITE HOF QB!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I know McNabb sucks but I'll never admit I was wrong. I'm too biased and agenda driven

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Re: Rush was right McNabb was/is overrated. Who can't see that now???

You nailed it.

This could turn into JDV's INTERNATIONAL army.

LA, New York, Toronto, Montreal, Flin Flon......the list goes on, baby.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, JR needs a Halloween costume and that shirt is perfect for his dressing up as an assclown...

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Moving through the mess that is just way off topic...

JDV, I don't like how you started this thread. Is it not possible that some people will look at McNabb as being a solid leader, a quality human being, and a very good quarterback? I wouldn't call him a Hall of Famer but the guy has been the central figure of a team that consistently wins.

On top of this, McNabb has taken his team to the Super Bowl. While mediocre quarterbacks have taken their respective teams to the Super Bowl previously, those teams had overwhelming defenses that relied only on QBs that would eliminate their mistakes and go for only the safe passes.

Rush Limbaugh may have been correct in stating that McNabb was overhyped but he was wrong in his reasoning behind it. The hype wasn’t built around the guy because he was black (Rush’s reasoning) it was built around the guy because his team was winning and winning a lot.

Just look at last year’s Saints. Drew Brees was anointed as a masterful quarterback that should have been given a chance in San Diego. This year it seems like those statements were more trumped up hype.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

He played the race card to James Brown.

Get your facts straight before pulling them out of your ass.

HOLLA!

5. Nothing more pitiful than a balding 30-something white guy talking like this.

6. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

YES!!!

Great (edited) comment!

Sing it from the mountain brother!

Hey, how does letting TO & Garcia go look now? The DUMBASS Eagles didn't even get ANYTHING of value for those two guys. Oh my GOSH!!

Why did you not AT LEAST SIGN Garcia to get SOME value? Answer - they didn't want to hurt baby McDork's "feelings". And with that revelation HOW can you deny that there isn't some kind of bias FOR McNabb?

I thought the NFL was a business & all about performance a meritocracy? Apparently, not for McNabb.

This "leader...err baby/choker" of the team had his freaking MOM crying about it in the media. SHE WAS UPSET/MAD THAT GARCIA WAS WINNING FOR THE TEAM & MAKING MCDORK LOOK BAD!!! WTF, seriously WTF???!!! Bottom line is McDork is 1-6 in his last starts & he should be THANKFUL that Garcia had them still in the hunt that fool.

As an elite athlete in several sports let me explain something REAL clearly to you. Guys that put it on the line, that battle for survival week in & week out have NO RESPECT for a baby like that. How can you "lead a team" when your mom fights your battles? WTF????

Oh yeah, real "hard" there, real competitor. I can see why teammates really rally to that guy. "Chunky" Soup indeed.

I am sorry there is a lot of BS going on in Philly! BIG TIME BS, crying, and excuses!

JDV

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

As we all know, Rush is always RIGHT.

No, but on the other hand someone as successful as Rush doesn't get there or STAY there in the face of SERIOUS opposition without having a TON of talent. ANYONE in broadcast media can learn a lot from Rush. That is just a fact.

Besides, you are proving my point. You are more interested in attacking the messenger (due to your likely bias) than in dealing the with contents & merits of the message. Can you deny the merits of what Rush & JDV said about McDork?

If only the right could take a joke. But hey, it works for Rush with the ladies - charmed the socks off all three of his ex-wives.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

A couple things:

McNabb's skills have clearly diminished in the past couple of years due to injuries and, perhaps, age -- not only his, but that of his OL. When Rush made his statements, McNabb was not overrated -- he was clearly one of the league's elite QBs, though maybe not a Hall of Famer (and I'm not sure anyone was saying he was bound for the HOF). And, as Pastor said, the media's love of McNabb was more because his team won four division titles in a row (I think, I don't feel like looking it up) and played in three or four consecutive NFC Championship games and made it to the Super Bowl than because of any racial agenda.

McNabb, on the other hand, was dead wrong when he said Peyton Manning isn't criticized as much as he is. That might be true now, but Manning is coming off a Super Bowl win. Before that, how much criticism and vitriol was aimed at Peyton for being an overrated, soft wuss who could could rack up big numbers in the regular season but would crumble when it counted? I submit there has been far more criticism of Manning in the past five or six years than of McNabb.

That is all.

9. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

First part is wrong, but this:

Is total GOLD!!!

Props! For that gem you have honorary Villa Army Officer status for the week.

Good to see someone bring it!

JDV

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

[crickets]

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

What have I done?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

JDV never dreamed that so many women lived at Acid Rescue.

Draft saved Draft deleted