1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb plays race card

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Sep 18, 2007.

?

Can we now admit that Rush and JDV were right and McNabb was overrated?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Maybe

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. No, I know McNabb is an ELITE HOF QB!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I know McNabb sucks but I'll never admit I was wrong. I'm too biased and agenda driven

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Joey Harrington, Eli Manning, Rex Grossman, Kyle Boller & Chad Pennington have all gotten free rides from the media.

fuck you mcnabb. throw up in your helmet much?

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

The race card again? Is this the excuse he is using for the 0-2 start the Eagles have this season?

He needs a much better one than this...

3. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

McNabb's boy Charlie Frye begs to differ.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

[blue]If you have three race cards and two crappy games as a quarterback, do you have one ugly full house?

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I'm not siding with McNabb, but those Philly fans are brutal.

Remember, they booed Mike Schmidt.........and Santa Claus.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Schmidt and Claus are both African American

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

No, what I meant was he was wrong to play the race card.

He's probably getting sick of the Philly experience.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

He's much better at playing the whining bitch role. A true professional there, perhaps an all timer.

Sack it up, Donovan.

9. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Rush was right McNabb was/is overrated. Who can't see that now???

Come on. Is there any doubt now?

Rush played his EXACT (not interpreted or analyzed (read spun) comments by SJ and political "pundits" on his show just now & I agree with everything he said. His main point, DM is just not as good as people had hoped and the liberal media (including liberal SJ media) were basically "homers" for him & that while good (and even a good investment for Philly) he was/is not as good as many were making him out to be (HOF QB, "Elite" QB, "franchise", "the whole team", etc.).

McNabb has talent and accomplishments but he has also shown several things that are troubling:

1.) He gets hurt a LOT

2.) His scrambling ability is GREATLY diminished & so is his effectiveness w/ that threat gone

3.) He is a BIG TIME choker (even his teammates sell him out on this one). McNabb aka vomit boy. How about that "clutch...err missed for no reason" underthrown TD pass that could have tied the game???

4.) He apparently cares more about management & media cred than he does about his team or winning.

5.) He rarely takes blame and blames everyone else. When the Eagles win it's ALL McNabb the "one man team" when they lose it's everyone else's loss (poor D, receivers dropping balls, etc.). It's NEVER McNabb's fault he just needs "more help." Huh, how much GREAT offensive talent did the Packers or Redskins have in beating Philly? Exactly, that must have been why all the "experts" picked Philly to win both games nearly unanimously - brilliant!

6.) He acts like a scarred "punk" (word very replaceable there...my street peeps know what I'm saying ;)). Getting rid of ANY possible competition (Garcia) or other offensive stars/potential team leaders that could help the team (TO) and cries when new talent is brought in (new drafted QB Kevin Kolb). What's worse is his MOM gets into the act as well. Now THERE is a "REAL" tough guy - lol!! Woooooooo!

7.) Now McDork plays the race card HARD to who else, Costas - nice! Funny, I thought I saw TWO black QB's on the field last night. One actually can throw the ball and won. The other should shut up and play. Speaking of that lots of good black QB's in the league. Everyone loves Vince Young (who can play) and we will get to see the Raider's new draft pick soon. This isn't about race (well, it is for many of the pro-McNabb group) it's about performance.

You want some more info. Check out this hot video on Mcnabb with many Philly fans barking!

JDV - The Super Genius is right again!

Holla!

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Re: Rush was right McNabb was/is overrated. Who can't see that now???

I'm gonna be sick.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

This will not end well for Donovan.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Re: Rush was right McNabb was/is overrated. Who can't see that now???

JDV - proclaimed Super Genius.

Wile E. Coyote - proclaimed Super Genius.

Any similarities?

Draft saved Draft deleted