1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb out for season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And to think the Eagles struggled with McNabb. Good luck, Jeff Garcia.

2. aspiring

aspiring Member

I do feel for McNabb though, it seems as though he really wants bring the team up. He really seems like a leader. I hope he heals up for next season.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I once heard Jim Kelly would make all his business calls from the Bills complex because he was so cheap. Is that true?

That said, he's suffered enough drama for several lifetimes with Hunter.

4. aspiring

aspiring Member

Definitely. He has done well with the charity in the area.

As for the calls from the complex, I have heard the same thing. Have to look into that.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Amen, brother.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

You ARE kidding, I hope.
    This guy has been a leader from the time he got to Philly. It's probably killing him he can't finish the season, no matter what the record. And I don't think he leaves Philly unless he has a ring.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Speaking of drama queens. :D :D :D :D

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I've been told Kelly was a hell of a bad drunk back in the day.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Yes, because the Eagles never try to lock up core players in an effort to remain good.

Anyhoo, as an Eagles fan, this totally blows (again) as that Super Bowl window closes further every day. It was a weird play; couldn't even see his knee blow out - I guess it shows how fragile the human body can be.

The Eagles did prosper one year when McNabb was hurt and Koy Detmer and A.J. Feeley stepped in. Of course, I think the Eagles defense was a little more dominating then, which didn't hurt.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Here's some harsh but true math:

T.O. - 2
    McNabb - 0

The scribes who wanted to paint the Eagles' early - season victory over the Cowboys as some harbinger of things to come are nowhere to be found now.

Much like the Culpepper and the Vikings last year, McNabb and the Eagles weren't going anywhere, whether McNabb got hurt or not. McNabb homers got all geeked up after they beat 3 patsies in their first 4 games and then beat the Cowboys in the Eagles' "Super Bowl."

Their schedule is brutal down the stretch, and the team simply isn't very good. Just average.

McNabb's about to turn 30, and he's had serious injuries 4 out of his last 5 years. The window isn't shut by any means, but it's slowly closing.

McNabb's done his part, but the penny - pinching front office of the Eagles and the questionable coaching (won't run the ball, etc.) by Reid makes you wonder if this team will ever approach what it was several years ago, let alone win a Super Bowl. It could be a sad, Jim Kelly - lite legacy for McNabb.

For this season's Eagles, the ship definitely be sinking.

11. XXXX

XXXX Member

what the hell are you talking about? t.o. 2 mcnabb 0? what does that mean?

by the way, as an eagles fan and overall a philadelphian i have to ask:
    God, why do You hate us?
    the flyers suck, soriano just signed with the cubs, the sixers are average, and now 5, and to the greater extent the eagles season, is done for the year.

put me on suicide watch.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

God got tired of toying with Cleveland. She's moved on to y'all.

Draft saved Draft deleted