1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb a (benched) Redskin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 4, 2010.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Re: McNabb a Redskin

Philly must think that McNabb is completely done to trade him to the Foreskins. No way does Reid want McNabb to come back and humiliate him, twice. And McNabb won't, Washington has nothing for McNabb to work with other than handing off 3 times in a row and then watching the punter.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I don't like trading in within the division, but Washington is in shambles for all the reasons I mentioned earlier. Not sure who they're targeting, but packaging the No. 24 and No. 37 picks might move them up 8-10 spots in the first round.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is one of those trades that looks to hurt both clubs. The Cowboys and Giants must be loving it. If Kolb fails, and by fail, I mean the Eagles don't make the playoffs, Reid will be gonzo. Meanwhile, even if Shanahan is right about his six trillion personnel moves, which I doubt, it's going to be December before his offense is on a first-name basis.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Very true there and Mayock I'll listen to.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I sure hope the Inquirer and the Post ran their baseball previews today and weren't waiting for tomorrow. And happy Easter dinner to their football writers.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think it's more that Philly understands that McNabb is much more prone to having a really down year as he hits his mid-30s, and if that happens, the Eagles won't be able to get rid of him and his contract. I think McNabb's got a couple good years' worth of talent left, but he's going to a team where he has next to nothing to work with. I bet he throws a career high in INTs this year in D.C. Bad running game, bad offensive line and no legit receiving threats will have a lot more to do with the success or failure of the 2010 'Skins than the acquisition of McNabb.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah, this might end horribly. But at least it's a Shanahan decision rather than a Snyder/Cerrato/Zorn judgment call. At least Shanahan generally has a clue as to what's going on around him.
    /missingshanahanindenverbecausejoshmcdanielsissatan

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Using the No. 4 pick on a receiver who forgets to bring his shoes to his Pro Day would be a genius move.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

McNabb not nearly good enough to take 4-12 Redskins teams to above .500 against that sked (Minny, GB, Indy, Hou, Tenn + NFC East!)

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Good point.

Might as well get rid of the guy while he has some value.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Great trade for the Eagles.

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Kevin Kolb is more of a true West Coast QB than McNabb. The Eagles made this bed when they drafted him; this date was due. As much as I love McNabb, better to trade the older guy.

Dang, now I need to find a new Eagles jersey to buy/wear.

Draft saved Draft deleted