1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb a (benched) Redskin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 4, 2010.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Re: McNabb a Redskin

Most people see Bryant sliding not rising.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Fred Davis the tight end from USC looked pretty good last year after Cooley went down.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought it was more than on, but a first and two seconds should get you decent receiving group.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ya, you're right. Point still stands that they suck regardless.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Oh, they suck balls but compare to the OL, they are on the path to HOF.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

There is the other side to the Campbell deal as well.

He may have gotten a raw deal with coaches interchanging, offensive plays tossed and newly scripted, and Snyder being Snyder.

Campbell has yet. Convinced me that he's a #1 guy in D.C.

Part of that is bad luck, part of it is the Redskins front office, but those D.C. fans have been waiting for him to break out and he has yet to have that break-out season or a string of games.

Portis hasn't done much to help, Cooley is either MIA or injured, their WE corps isn't much to write home about, and every single time Snyder talks about bringing in a veteran QB or drafting one, Campbell just sits there and takes the abuse.

He's a good kid, but shit, dude, stand up and say "You know what, fuck this comedy, I want out."

Something tells me that he won't say a word, be a good solider, and take a handful of missiles up his ass, as he bends over and get ducked again.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Now that I'm thinking about this how does this trade make sense for the Redskins? They suck.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Tom Brady ain't coming out of that Lincoln Financial Field tunnel.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's an even bigger problem for McNabb. He can't escape pressure like he used to. Look at the Raiders game last year. A horrible team with a good pass rush that day made McNabb look very ordinary. If the 'Skins' O-line doesn't improve, coupled with a lack of receving talent, there's a good chance McNabb will have the worst year of his career.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's not the Raiders, but it might not be much better.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Melock, you are right. These are two picks that could be starters down the road. And this is a position where you are not too bad.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I understand that -- which is why I said reach for him -- but maybe he's not sliding on everyone's board. NFL.com's Mayock still has him as the third best player in the draft on his board for example.

Draft saved Draft deleted