1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McNabb a (benched) Redskin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The first six games of that season, he was a MVP candidate.

The last 10, oh, not so much...

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I said it in April, and I'm saying it now...

Campbell/Gruden >>>>>> McNubb/Shanny

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What would make this story so much better is if Snyder and Shanahan have a big falling-out over this, and Snydeer fires Shanahan and owes him $28 million over the next four years. Dare I dream ...

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So what's your theory? First-round draft pick, had some major injuries in his first couple of years. Got it together for a while. Just fell off the wagon? Injuries we don't know about? Bad coaching?

I understand he was in Lovie Smith's doghouse, but I was really surprised another team didn't see potential there.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Further proof that NFL contracts are a joke and not worth the paper they're written on.

McNabb is done in Washington and the Redskins owe him nothing.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

other teams hate white QB's

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Grossman simply hasn't been willing to put in the work necessary to be an NFL QB, especially for someone who needs to make up for his size disadvantage. I believe it was right after the last game of 2006 that Grossman admitted he hadn't prepped for the game at all. Even though it was a game that didn't count in the standings, it was a pretty galling admission, and not the sort of conduct that stamps you as a leader.

Draft saved Draft deleted