1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McMahon, Fawcett or Jackson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rpmmutant, Jun 25, 2009.

1. noodles

noodles Member

Jackson, not even close.

Ed McMahon was like 110, Farrah was headed for a bad ending with cancer. The King of Pop drops while preparing for a 50-concert run in England. That's not supposed to happen.

Jackson 1, 2 and 3. The guy was an absolute freak, but you can't underestimate his place in the music business. The others just talked and walked.

2. As good as Fawcett and McMahon were, MJ's the only correct answer here.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How many threads are you going to post this in?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Anyhoo, I'd say McMahon. I grew up on Johnny's Tonight Show. Farrah and Michael would be tied at about zilch. They both had their moments, but nothing that particularly influenced me.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was a little too young to truly appreciate Farrah. And as much as I admire what McMahon accomplished in his career, he's a second banana.

Jackson, however, was a true titan of my generation. I wore out two Thriller cassettes when I was in 4th-5th grade.

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Jackson, the other two aren't close. I was a freshman in college when Thriller came out and I will never forget how electrifying he was during a rare television appearance. Sang with his brothers and then did Billie Jean. That was well before we were inundated by celebrities, just after the debut of MTV.. and actually seeing him was something new.

I liked Charlie's Angles and remember not liking it when Fawcett left, but she never really did it for me as, of course, I'm a straight female.

Frankly, I always found McMahon annoying.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Farrah's ghost has to be awful pissed. She spends a month dying, and MJ upstages her at the goal line.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Jackson, simply because I wasn't around or old enough at the height of Farrah or Ed's careers.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

No kidding.
    Ed McMahon had a sweet, sweet heinie.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

A friend e-mailed me earlier:

In honor of the two celebrity deaths today, I got out my old Farrah poster and Beat It.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And you could also tie in the third (from yesterday) with a hearty "YESSSSSSSS!!!"

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'll go with Jackson, just because he was influential in getting Weird Al's career off the ground.

Draft saved Draft deleted