1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McMahon, Fawcett or Jackson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rpmmutant, Jun 25, 2009.

1. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Who was the most influential in your life?
    Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett were a little out of my wheelhouse, but Michael Jackson was right down the pipe. I remember being the envy of sixth grade because I had MTV and could watch the world premier of the Thriller video. By the time I was able to watch the Tonight Show and appreciate it, David Letterman was the edgier option. And I was more of a Cheryl Ladd Charlie's Angels fan than the Farrah Fawcett Angels.
    But that's just me.

2. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

Definitely Jackson.

I remember my parents taking us over to one of their friend's house for dinner the night Thriller was supposed to premier. I was crying when I got there, so the friend let me watch it at his house.

My Michael Jackson doll also got Ken kicked to the curb by Barbie.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fawcett, then McMahon and Jackson.
    I had the poster and watched the Tonight Show. Never gave a shit about Michael Jackson after his Jackson 5 days.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Only one was in my whack-a-deck.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I'll be the Ed guy. Never got into Farrah, never owned an MJ album (liked some of the songs, though, and Jackson 5 stuff), but watched a whole lot of Carson.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

None. The Tonight Show was more or less before my time when McMahon was on it, same with Fawcett, and I thought Alien Ant Farm did a better smooth criminal.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

In the order you've presented them. Spent way too many late hours watching Carson. In the '70s, Farrah took a back seat to no one. Michael? Never spent a nickel on anything he ever did; changed the station every time one of his songs came on, and still do. It's a shame someone who evidently had some talent turned into a freak show.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Only Farrah gave me wood

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

All three played a part but Michael towers over Ed and Farrah.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

fixed

:eek:
    sorry, couldn't resist

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Damn paparazi!
    http://www.etonline.com/

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I was never much of a Jackson fan. Jaclyn Smith was my favorite Angel.
    I guess I'd have to say McMahon. We shared the same birthday (though obviously I was much younger) and I grew up two towns over from his birthplace in Lowell.

Draft saved Draft deleted