1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McKinley Assassinated Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So did Bill.

Except once.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Obama's really missing an opportunity here. It should be called GoDaddy Denali Mountain, presented by Subway.

Money can go towards the national debt. Win-win!

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That would be a shrewd move by Subway. After all, mountains won't have sex with underage girls.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Washington National Airport wonders what the big deal is.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think it's great they considered the wishes of Alaska's residents, and renamed it.

Anyone know how Alaskans feel about drilling in ANWR?

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

We are not even sure of that one. Hillary might have scooped up some freshly ejected material and impregnated herself.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I went to Alaska for two-plus weeks 11 years ago and never once heard it called McKinley.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ditto. And as the story notes, McKinley never visited Alaska nor has any connection to the mountain.

9. Buckeye fuckstick - a GOP Delegate is losing his shit, calling it an insult to all Ohioans.

Ohio lawmakers slam Obama plans to rename Mt. McKinley 'Denali' during Alaska trip

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Funny. I doubt most Ohioans outside of Canton would even know McKinley was from Ohio. Or that he even existed.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The War on Mountains! That has to bring us close to two dozen Wars! Obama is simultaneously waging on the American people.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Rick Stain would.

Draft saved Draft deleted