1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McGovern unloads on Cheney

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 25, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely. She told me that. I guess I've made my point. I should remove it. I shall.

2. Watch Moyers on PBS now.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Oh, and while you're at it...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2064157,00.html

Not even Yawn can spin this...

4. Christ almighty, is Beinart a tool.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

So... you really shouldn't be on a free-thinking message board on a political thread if you are no more than Yul Brynner's robot in WestWorld.

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Spin what, BS? Naomi Wolf is a nut. The Grauniad long ago ceased to matter.

7. 25 posts without a constructive thought.
    An SportsJournalists.com record is in peril.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It says that you (and if you really not you, then most of the people on here who see history clearly only through the prism of past experience) would have been voting for Nixon in 72.

9. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

I will never get near your record, FB. You are 16,000+ ahead and I just don't have the time.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

One of the worst things that Bush has managed to do and, I think, by design is create this notion that everyone who works in government does so at the pleasure of the President.
    Like it was some imperial monarchy that you either kissed the ring or you lost your head.
    Generals? They serve at the pleasure of the President.
    U.S. Attorneys? They serve at the pleasure of the President.
    I don't recall many generals resigning under Clinton. If they had, it would have been a scandal. It would have been GeneralGate.
    And while presidents always get new U.S. attorneys, I think I read where only two had been replaced mid-term. And both because of criminal problems.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yeah, I guess making cogent, logical points and backing them up with facts makes you certifiable. ::)

If you've got that much of a problem with facts, Jimbo, I pity your editors. Unless one of them is Matt Drudge.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No, but I derive my authority from the president. I can think for myself, but must obey lawful orders.

Draft saved Draft deleted