1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mcgahee to recover

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by aloc102aloc102, Jan 19, 2009.

1. aloc102aloc102

aloc102aloc102 New Member

the longterm effects of these type of injuries are often serious, indeed.

if a player is ever killed on the football field, his death will likely be accompanied by credence clearwater or some such blasting at full strength.

must our amusement be so brutal?

as i recall, the music kept blasting in pittsburgh, even while their own hero, roethlisberger was knocked out.

it may be just the time for me to turn the nfl off for good.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravensstatement119,0,992649.story

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

NFL exists because of things like this.

3. aloc102aloc102

are you writing that things which seem to apall us are actually appealing to us?

4. TheSportsPredictor

Actually, I doubt many people were appalled by McGahee getting crunched.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't quite understand your comments, aloc, when you post a link to a story that has McGahee sitting in the Ravens lockerroom today apparently feeling pretty good, saying he's fine and doing interviews.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I don't understand aloc's comments whatsoever. There may have been many reasons for the music to be playing while McGahee was was being treated to on the field. On another note, though, things like this happen in the NFL. But McGahee is fine and I'm sure the player who hit him feels terrible about it also. This isn't a reason to completely take the NFL out of your life altogether.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was ... random.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Are you not entertained?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. aloc102aloc102

the longterm effects of these injuries are often catastrophic, not unlike the effects one often sees in boxers.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That I understand, but why is that a reason for YOU to tune the NFL out of your life altogether as you said in your initial post? It's not like we see this happen very often in the NFL where someone needs to be taken out on a stretcher. Accidents do happen.

11. TheSportsPredictor

Maybe someone will tell Willis McGahee that. He should be aware of the risks before he takes to the field!

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Apoc speaks of these catastrophic injuries like players are completely naive. These guys all played through high school, college and in the NFL for some years now. Every single one of these players are well aware of the risk they are putting on their bodies when they step onto the field.

Draft saved Draft deleted