1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's vs. Oxford English Dictionary

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seems Ronald and Mayor McCheese are upset about the definition of "McJob."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,472971,00.html

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Gotta love one line used in the story...

"From the point of view of the fast-food proletariat, the reason for the McLanguage offensive is clear..."

Yawn wrote this story!

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Dear McDonalds,

You -- and every other fast food restaurant -- draw from the shallow end of the labor pool and pay crap wages to the people who make your shitty, unhealthy food. That's a fact. Just admit it. Don't fight it.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

b-b-b-bump!

I've got an interview tomorrow for a part-time job at McDonald's on my days off. I want the extra money more than I want my spare time, and the situation is desperate enough up here that they are paying a very solid wage. Also, I figure it'd be nice to have a foot in the door somewhere if the local ad buyers ever notice that nobody buys our paper.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If this served no other purpose, Dokument nicht gefunden is my new go-to phrase.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How do you people DO this? How the holy FUCK do you remember a three-year-old thread that managed a whopping three replies?
    This thread ought to be merged with the useless knowledge one. It's fucking astounding. It's like having Rain Man around.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Outing alert: RickStain is chazp!

8. RickStain

I hate starting new threads, so I just did a search on McDonald's till I found one that seemed appropriate.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Damn. I thought McGangbang made it into the dictionary.

10. RickStain

If anyone asks for one, they can get one at my McD's starting at 6 p.m. tomorrow night, when I start my training.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

LOL

12. wheateater

wheateater Member

Rick, I doubt I'm alone in saying that I would love to see you post some updates about your experiences on the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted