1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's vs. Oxford English Dictionary

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seems Ronald and Mayor McCheese are upset about the definition of "McJob."

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Gotta love one line used in the story...

"From the point of view of the fast-food proletariat, the reason for the McLanguage offensive is clear..."

Yawn wrote this story!
  3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Dear McDonalds,

You -- and every other fast food restaurant -- draw from the shallow end of the labor pool and pay crap wages to the people who make your shitty, unhealthy food. That's a fact. Just admit it. Don't fight it.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I've got an interview tomorrow for a part-time job at McDonald's on my days off. I want the extra money more than I want my spare time, and the situation is desperate enough up here that they are paying a very solid wage. Also, I figure it'd be nice to have a foot in the door somewhere if the local ad buyers ever notice that nobody buys our paper.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If this served no other purpose, Dokument nicht gefunden is my new go-to phrase.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How do you people DO this? How the holy FUCK do you remember a three-year-old thread that managed a whopping three replies?
    This thread ought to be merged with the useless knowledge one. It's fucking astounding. It's like having Rain Man around.
  7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Outing alert: RickStain is chazp!
  8. RickStain

I hate starting new threads, so I just did a search on McDonald's till I found one that seemed appropriate.
  9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Damn. I thought McGangbang made it into the dictionary.
  10. RickStain

If anyone asks for one, they can get one at my McD's starting at 6 p.m. tomorrow night, when I start my training.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. wheateater

wheateater Member

Rick, I doubt I'm alone in saying that I would love to see you post some updates about your experiences on the job.
Draft saved Draft deleted