1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's plans to offer free Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I used to have a wifi card, but because my MacBook didn't have a slot for it, I bought a Kyocera wireless router that is worked with.

[​IMG]

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/kr1-router/

It was pretty cool, and allowed you to set up your own hotspot anywhere. Great if you have a meeting or something.

Have cable internet now & ditched the wireless card. But I recommend the Kyocera router highly.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

This is another direct shot across the bow (to use a particularly hoary cliche) against Starbucks. I've also noticed the McDonald's down the block from my local Starbucks redid its seating so its looks more Starbucks-like, without the comfy chairs.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I like it. I use McDonald's a lot of Friday nights filing football stories. I've always just went ahead a paid because it was easy and reliable, but free and reliable is soooo much better.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, there's a McDonald's in our area with a fireplace. Strange to say the least.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Funny, McDonald's started making inroads to be like Starbucks and Starbucks promptly closed 600 stores. Hmm ...

As for the free wifi, well, there are few things better. Wish I had free Internet service at home.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Let me know when I can get a Big Mac at Starbucks. They're already doing Egg McMuffins.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Cardboard has more taste than those Starbucks Egg Mcmuffins.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I did that a couple months ago after filing my story from McDonald's.

Normally I'd at least buy a soda from a place where I'm mooching the wifi, but they got $2.95 so I figured they made out even better on the deal.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think they taste fine.... but at 200-250 percent more expensive than the Arches.... it's crazy to go there

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Starbucks McMuffins > McDonalds mochas

Draft saved Draft deleted